* Tuesday, June 17 – “Camp Rock” on-demand preview begins on Disney Channel on Demand, a video-on-demand service available to Cablevision iO Digital Cable, Time Warner and Verizon FiOS TV customers.
* Friday, June 20 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) – “Camp Rock” premiere on Disney Channel U.S. with an audio simulcast on Radio Disney and a video simulcast on Sprint and MobiTV devices. Movie also premieres on Family Channel in Canada.
* Saturday, June 21 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) – Premiere on the ABC Television Network
* Sunday, June 22 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) – Premiere on ABC Family
* Monday, June 23 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) – Premiere on Disney.com in DXD
* Saturday, June 28 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) – “Camp Rock” Rock-a-Long programming eventon Disney Channel (song lyrics visible on screen and via DisneyChannel.com)
* July — Premiere on Disney Channels Latin America (dates to be announced)
* Tuesday, August 19 – Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment releases “Camp Rock” on DVD, with exclusive bonus features, in the U.S. and Latin America. It releases around the world beginning in November.
* August – Premiere on Disney Channel Japan (dates to be announced)
* September – Premiere on Disney Channels India, Southeast Asia, Korea, Taiwan, the UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Italy, Australia and New Zealand (dates to be announced)
* October — Premiere on Disney Channels Scandinavia.
The movie was written by Regina Hicks (“Girlfriends”) and Karin Gist (Disney Channel’s “Jump In!”) and Julie Brown (“Medusa Dare to be Truthful”) and Paul Brown. The director is Matthew Diamond (“Great Performances: Dance in America”) and the cinematographer is Dean Cundey (“Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” “Jurassic Park”). Emmy Award winner Alan Sacks (“Welcome Back, Kotter,” “The Color of Friendship”) is the executive producer. Kevin Lafferty (“Twitches,” “Twitches Too,” “Jump In!”) is the producer.
DISNEY-ABC TELEVISION GROUP TO SHOWCASE AN UNPRECEDENTED WORLDWIDE ROLLOUT FOR DISNEY’S “CAMP ROCK,” A MUSIC AND DANCE-FILLED DISNEY CHANNEL ORIGINAL MOVIE, ACROSS CABLE, BROADCAST AND DIGITAL PLATFORMS, BEGINNING FRIDAY, JUNE 20 (8:00 P.M., ET/PT)
In an unprecedented, far-reaching cross-platform rollout, the Disney-ABC Television Group announced that Disney’s “Camp Rock,” a celebratory, song and dance-filled Disney Channel Original Movie for kids and families, will premiere on Disney Channel, the ABC Television Network (as part of the “Wonderful World of Disney” franchise), ABC Family, Radio Disney and Disney.com in Disney XD, FRIDAY, JUNE 20 through Monday, June 23 in the U.S. It will also premiere on Family Channel Canada and on Quebec’s VRAK.TV (dubbed in French) on Friday, June 20 and on Disney Channels around the world beginning in August.
The “Camp Rock” soundtrack will release Tuesday, June 17 from Walt Disney Records and the DVD, with exclusive bonus features, will release around the world beginning Tuesday, August 19 from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
In making the announcement, Anne Sweeney, co-chair, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney-ABC Television Group said: “Our ability to harness the strength of the entire Television Group and work with other lines of business to help launch a potential new franchise for the Company is what differentiates us among our peers. This will be evident to everyone beginning Friday, June 20, when the world will be treated to an unprecedented rollout of song and dance with our new Disney Channel Original Movie, ‘Camp Rock.'”
Starring Platinum-certified Hollywood Records recording artists and Top 40 and Radio Disney hit-makers Jonas Brothers (Joe, Kevin and Nick) and singer/songwriter/actress Demi Lovato (of Disney Channel’s “As the Bell Rings”), “Camp Rock” is the story of a talented yet unsure teen who yearns to share her songs with the world, and of a tempestuous young superstar who’s lost his passion for music and is sent packing by his band mates. Together, at a camp for aspiring young music artists, they learn to believe in themselves and to value the freedom to be who they really want to be.
Also starring are Alyson Stoner (“Cheaper by the Dozen”), Meaghan Jette Martin, Anna Maria Perez de Taglé (of Disney Channel’s “Hannah Montana”), Jasmine Richards (“Naturally Sadie”), Maria Canals-Barrera (of Disney Channel’s “Wizard of Waverly Place”), Daniel Fathers, Roshon Fegan, Jordan Francis and screenwriter/actress Julie Brown.
Rich Ross, president, Disney Channels Worldwide, said: “We’re thrilled to give ‘Camp Rock’ the launch it deserves and to showcase the great talents of Joe, Kevin and Nick Jonas and our series crossover stars Demi Lovato, Alyson Stoner and Maria Canals-Barrera.”
- Disney Juice has moved, check us out at
- Miley Cyrus will not be judged!
- Vanessa Hudgens artwork for her upcoming album, Identified
- Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale of HSM3
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua September 26, 2008
- Miley Cyrus’ parents should have protected her
- Miley Cyrus’ portrait was ‘Misinterpreted’
- Jonas Bros Breakfast Breaks commercial
- Miley Cyrus and dad on the set of Vanity Fair photo shoot
- Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale on the set of HSM3
- Miley Cyrus apologizes for provocative photos
- Jonas Bros at White House Correspondent’s Dinner
- Adrienne Bailon
- Aj Michalka
- Aly Michalka
- As the Bell Rings
- Ashley Tisdale
- Brenda Song
- Cheetah Girls
- Corbin Bleu
- Cory in the House
- David Henrie
- Demi Lovato
- Disney Animation
- Disney Movies
- Disney Music
- Disney Podcasts
- Disney's Camp Rock
- Emily Osment
- Hannah Montana
- HSM 4
- Jake T. Austin
- Jake Thomas
- Joe Jonas
- Jonas Bros
- Keke Palmer
- Kiely Williams
- Kyla Pratt
- Lucas Grabeel
- Miley Cyrus
- Moises Arias
- Monique Coleman
- Orlando Brown
- Phineas and Ferb
- Princess Protection Program
- Raven Symone
- Sabrina Bryan
- Selena Gomez
- That's So Raven
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
- Tyler Perry
- Vanessa Hudgens
- Witches of Waverly Place
- Zac Efron